DIY Doll Skis Tutorial - Dollympics Week 1

 


Hi Y'all! I was a bit stumped this week for what to do for the first week of the Dollympics (Hosted by the Dollville blog!). Mostly because it's Summer and I surprisingly have almost no winter doll gear. So, I decided to make some of my own! Please enjoy a DIY doll skis tutorial! 


Materials

  • Corrugated Cardboard (An Amazon Box would work great)
  • Acrylic Paint
  • Ribbon
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Doll Boots for sizing
  • 2 12in. Wooden Dowels
  • 2 Medium Sized Beads
  • 2 Small Rubber Bands that will fit around a doll's wrist 

1. Cut the Cardboard to these measurements (all in inches): 2 12x2, 2 2x1, and 4 2x1/2.
2. Trim the dowels so they are 10in. long.


 3. Cut the big pieces into more ski-like shapes and round the top edges of the other pieces.
4. Paint the cardboard and dowels! Let dry.
5. Cut 8 5in. pieces of ribbon.




6. Assemble as shown with hot glue. Use the doll boots to get the placement right.


7. Celebrate!! You've just crafted an adorable pair of doll skis! 

I had such a great time making my skis and I hope you do too! If you need clarification or extra photos feel free to ask in the comments! I would love to see photos if anyone makes this! Thanks for reading and have a dollightful day!

Comments

  1. As someone who has attempted to make doll skis MANY times, this is incredibly impressive! They look absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I have ski poles but have never made skis for my dolls because I was never sure how to do it, and you've made them look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They ended up being easier than I thought they would be!

      Delete
  3. Like FlamyFox13, I too have ski poles and no skis . . . but I really could make skis now!! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts